This document serves as a basic framework for inquiries about policy and service at American Microsemiconductor. Having been in the semiconductor distribution business almost 4 decades, we have not only learned that returning customers are happy customers, but also that even the with the best business strategies, any transaction has the potential for unforeseen obstacles to arise. However, our 40-odd years in the business have also taught us how to handle problems and achieve solutions in a timely and fair fashion. We hope you will feel free to call us at (973) 377-9566 should any questions or concern arise regarding one of your orders.
Minimum Store Policies
We have a no minimum at our online store
Shipping Policies, Rates and Methods
- Time to Ship
Most orders ship the next business day, and nearly all ship within 2 business days. However, we can not make guarantees about the exact date your order will leave our facilities. We can not anticipate periods of extremely high order volume, inclement weather conditions, acts of God, or other circumstances that may affect the ability of your package to ship within the normal timeframe.
- Preferred Carriers
Our preferred shipping carrier is FedEx, and all rates are calculated using FedEx methods. If you have your own preferred carrier, please send us a message to that effect so that we may adjust the shipping charges on your order.
- Flat Rate Shipping
For your convenience, we utilize flat-rate shipping costs per FedEx method. This means that most domestic FedEx orders will have shipping charges calculated automatically attached during the checkout process. Certain oversize or overweight items may require an additional FedEx fee. We are not making money off your shipping and handling fees, we are only trying to cover the cost of delivering your purchase in a timely and reliable fashion. If you would like to discuss alternative shipping arrangements, please call one of our customer care representatives at (973) 377-9566 during normal business hours — Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM Eastern Standard Time
- Shipping Insurance
All shipping charges include handling & insurance. If you require additional insurance, please let us know in the comment section of the order form.
- Order Expediting and Rush Delivery
All orders are packaged and shipped in the order they were received. In order to provide the best possible service to all our customers, we will not expedite individual orders under normal circumstances. We may allow (at our discretion) rush delivery to hospitals and emergency care providers, aerospace and aviation services, and public and private utilities in cases of service interruption. If you would like to be negotiate rush delivery, please call one of our customer care representatives at (973) 377-9566 during normal business hours — Monday through Friday 8AM to 5PM Eastern Standard Time.
- FedEx Ground Timeline
Orders shipped by FedEx Ground have an estimated transit time specified by the graph below. This is provided for your convenience and for estimation purposes only, and should not be considered a guarantee of delivery within the given timeframe.
- International Orders
AMS reserves the right to ship international orders via our preferred method, particularly in situations where FedEx ground is not available. All of our orders will be shipped from New Jersey, and shipping costs will be added to the order total.
Additional Fees and Limitations
- FedEx Limitations — FedEx will not ship to a P.O. Box address, so please refrain from entering a PO Box as anything other than a billing address. Some FedEx orders may be subject to “residential” charges: this is determined by FedEx, not by American Microsemiconductor, and we apologize for any inconvenience or resulting fees.
- Your Shipping address must be correct. If any part is incorrect or missing, FedEx will charge back $5.00 to the customer for address correction.
Lost or Damaged Packages
- Items damaged in shipment are insured. Inspect your order when it arrives. DO NOT sign for a damaged parcel without a full inspection of the contents. If you receive a damaged item, notify your local FedEx terminal within 24 hrs. or call (973) 377-9566 for instructions. Please call (973) 377-9566 if your order is not received within two weeks. It is most likely lost in transit. Orders may be tracked directly on www.ups.com with the package tracking number. We can furnish that number, or we can track the package for you. Packages sent by U.S. mail require a 30 day waiting period to file a claim.
- Product and equipment warranties are issued by the manufacturers, and must be filled out and sent in by the customer. Problems or repairs will be handled by AMS or directly with the manufacturers. We will be glad to furnish phone numbers and contact personnel.
Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Your satisfaction as a customer is very important to us. If you have any comments or questions, please call or email us at your convenience. We encourage you to leave us feedback about your orders and to inform us of any difficulties you may have encountered while navigating our website/online store.
- If you had issues with respect to usability, layout, design, or were unable to find what you were looking for, feel free to let us know by using the contact form .
- Our store is being restocked all the time, and we add new items with regularity. If you would like to be alerted when new items become available, or receive an email when a product is re-stocked, please click on the “Join our email” list link on the left.